Thursday, October 7, 2010

"Now on whom dost thou trust?"



My sweet dad emailed me this morning. A quote from Spurgeon on trust. I decided to disect it for my time with the Lord this morning.

Spurgeon beckons the Christian...- who do you trust? You trust a triune God.

The FATHER.
who chose me from before the foundations of the world.
who provides for me in His providence.
who teaches.
guides.
corrects.
will bring me Home.

The SON.
very God of very God.
Christ Jesus.
who takes away all my sins.
who is my sacrifice.
adorns me with His perfect righteousness.
my Intercessor. Pleading my cause. And my desires.
my Advocate on the Great Last Day.
justifies me.

"I trust Him for what He is, for what He has done, and for what He has promised yet to do."

The HOLY SPIRIT.
saves me from my sins.
drives out my sins.
subdues my will.
enlightens my understanding.
comforts me.
helps my weakness.
illuminates darkness.

"I trust in Him to dwell in me as my life, to reign in me as my King, to sanctify me wholly, spirit, soul, and body, and then to take me up to dwell with the saints in light forever."

TRUST HIM WHOSE:
power will never be exhausted.
love will never wane.
kindness will never change.
faithfulness will never fail.
wisdom will never be nonplussed.
perfect goodness can never diminish.

[The foundation of this trust shall never be removed.]

................................................................................................

We trust God...because of who He is. We see who He is by what He's said and what He's done. We also see what He's doing. And what He will do-- because He cannot be unfaithful to His promises. And here...we find hope. And hope is one of the things that separates us from the world. Unbelievers cannot hope. Only we can. Because we don't believe circumstances dictate our steps...but that a Holy, Sovereign, Loving, Wise God does. And we trust Him. The One who calms the storms with a word.

No comments: