Friday, May 4, 2012

Timeless Truth

I love Scripture.

It never changes. It always applies. God is the same...always.

I've recently taken an opportunity to make some extra cash but it's meant being away from my husband for ten days.

When I was single and waiting for God to bring my husband into my life, I regularly took comfort in Psalm 139, pouring my heart out to the Lord. Trusting He knows my desires and what I need and the un-utterable things I was looking for in a husband. Waiting on God's timing. Trusting He knows best.

"O Lord, you have searched me and known me!"

"You search out my path and my lying down and are acquainted with all my ways."

...and then when I'd met Josh and we were waiting for him to get a different job before we got engaged, I had this on an index card on the bathroom mirror,

"...in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me when as yet there was none of them."

I used that to remind me that GOD knew my wedding date even if I didn't. He could see what I couldn't and it had been planned since before I was created...nothing could change it.

And this morning, as I'm 994 miles away from the man I most love in all the world and haven't been able to talk to very much in the last 8 days, here I am reading this same truth.

God has known today completely since before I was born. He knows my thoughts- He discerns them from afar. HE IS NEAR. He knows the conversations I need to have today...and he's "altogether" known my words even before they are on my tongue.

So when I read, "I awake, and I am still with you"...I'm aware that I'm NOT waking up next to my beloved husband.

BUT. This timeless truth gives such comfort and peace: HE is with me. The One who has known all of my days. The One's whose eyes saw my unformed substance before I was made.

There is sweetness in the beauty of it all. My seasons of life have changed drastically: yet here He is. The same God, the same promises and truth.

Gorgeous.

1 comment:

Virginia said...

Your understanding and application of God's wisdom and relying in His promises are truly a blessing to me as an example of how to live more fully in the Gospel.
Praise be to God for creating you and allowing you to be his instrument that helps me follow Him! I love you for that :)

Thank you for sharing what the Holy Spirit put in your heart