Monday, April 6, 2009

Little bit of everything

Last week was assemblies, assemblies, some more assemblies, and then another one! I had so much fun! Every time we get to the "Gospel" part when we're talking to these kids...I just can't believe it. I can't believe we get to do this. I can't believe this is legal! I can't believe I'm here.

We had VJ on Friday night (outreach to high schoolers) and the numbers were low (which was GREAT because the pastors are all in the States for a conference) and it proved to be, from my perspective, one of the most profitable nights conversation wise that I've had at VJ.

One girl I'd never met before, came up to me gushing to talk after the message. Together we talked about how nothing we do makes us a Christian, but its about our relationship with Jesus Christ. And I've been enjoying the last several days as the Holy Spirit reminds me of that Truth over and over again. (Her name was Ruth. Please pray for her if you think of it.)

At VJ I was able to swap phone numbers with a handful of Bettws year 7 girls and we plan to go shopping on Thursday afternoon in town. I am SO excited. These are the girls who've been in my hair class or graffiti class, and other than VJ, this will be the first time I've been able to hang out with them in "real life." I'm hoping to ask them what they think about the assemblies we've been doing and what they "reckon" about Jesus. (Please pray for me-- and them!)

This week is busy. BUT.

This Friday at half twelve...my dear and precious friend, Jenn Romanski (affectionately known as "JRo") arrives in Newport!!! We plan to hang around for the weekend, then head off to Dublin on Sunday night, and set out for London on Tuesday. It's amazing how inexpensive traveling is once you're over the pond.

Words cannot describe the joyful anticipation of the sweet fellowship that I KNOW will take place in the next week. Jenn is a "kindred spirit" and even though our friendship is seemingly random, it is definitely ordained by God, and she is one of the dearest friends I know.

(And I'm really looking forward to a little piece of America.)

After she leaves on Thursday, I head over to Udine, Italy to spend time with the Walti's. I'm so excited.

No comments: