Monday, February 16, 2009

This weekend...




I was entirely spoiled on Friday- I can't remember the last time my birthday was celebrated this much! I've been bombarded with cakes, chocolates, flowers, cards, gifts, hugs, and encouragement. Thank you so much.

The Gappers got us off work for a few hours in the morning, and surprised me with brunch and cards. I was so blessed.


We had 10:31 (which is like Deluge) that night, and I was freshly convicted of my failure to worship the LORD as He is worthy to be worshiped...and grace flows afresh...

The GAP boys bought us a BEAUTIFUL bouquet of flowers on Valentines Day! How sweet!

Vikki Lloyd came over and was up at the crack of dawn making an amazing roast lunch to celebrate mine and Ivy's birthdays. She slaved all morning, we invited the guys over, and it was oh-so FABULOUS!

I babysat for the Gawedas (Guh-veh-duhs) on Saturday night-- also lovingly known as the "Gweedos." Leah is 3, Caitlin is 1, and Noah is 5. UH-DORABLE. So well behaved. LOVE these kids. Dan and Cat went out for dinner and when they got back home, we played scrabble and a couple rounds of speed scrabble. (Thought of you, Kristen, and Meghann and Steve!!!)

Sunday was Ivy's 20th birthday! Sarah and Mike threw her and I a joint birthday party at the GAP boys house- complete with cheeseburgers and brownie ice cream sundays! Several of the pastor's families were able to make it, and Ivy and I were both so blessed. Peter lead us in a hysterical game of "Big booty" (nothing to do with big booties) as Ivy's been begging to play for months.

This weekend, we also had Peter's older sister, Sharon visit us on her way back to the States from Uganda! It was so much fun having her here! She gave us all the ins and outs of what to do and bring when we go to Uganda in May. We were sad she had to leave.

Well, it certainly has been a full weekend. Today's been a great day recouping.

My dad went to the hospital around noon today- his surgery was about 1 or 2 ish. No word yet, but I talked to him this morning and he was doing well. Thanks so much for praying! I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for having me, Janelle, and making me feel so incredibly welcome! I had a great time and loved getting to know you girls...maybe we can hang sometime in the future again. Thank you also for all you're doing in Wales, the Lord sees and knows and will reward you! I'm glad your dad is doing well. Lots of love!

Sharon