Wednesday, November 25, 2009

What's been up as of late...

Lots to post about it feels like.

I picked up "The Prodigal God" again- always a good decision. Once again, this book has proven to challenge, encourage, and rebuke me. God is holier than I realize. My sin is more grotesque than I think. Jesus Christ has saved me far beyond what I'll ever know. Not just from my sins- but from my damnable good works too. (Damnable because of my motivation in doing them.)

The Gospel is not man-centered. It's not about us. Or "what we can do" for God. It's about Him. The Maker, Creator, Sustainer, and Saviour. It's not about living moral or "good" lives. It's about being changed. And being set free. And out of joy, with eyes set on Him, being amazed that we are children of the Living God-- and enjoying that we are heirs of eternal glory in heaven!

I could not commend this book to you more highly.

More news on the "going home" front: I have a place to live in Orlando!


In God's provision, yet again (He never fails me), He has given me another family to live with- I'm thrilled! Chris and Emily Morgan. They have a daughter, Sophia who's 3, and a son, Thomas, who's 18 months. I just got off the phone with Emily, and I am very excited. God's timing is always perfect-- sometimes I just recognize it more than others. Can't wait to tell you more about them.

Oh, and about going home. My hope/plan is to pick up my "hair business" again from the angle of evangelism. I have such amazing opportunities to talk to people on a regular basis and be involved in their lives...and I've been brainstorming for years about what this could look like. Lots of counsel, lots of prayers...thousands of ideas, and made-up promotions later- here I am: full of faith. Faith not because its fun (though it so is) but faith because God has just put it there. I am so excited about what is ahead.

...but along with the excitement of "going" is the sadness of "leaving"...

Friends. "Family." Life girls. Christchurch. Working in the office.

I am thrilled at the thought of heaven.

Tomorrow we will have Thanksgiving Dinner at the Mc Cans with the Pastoral Team and their families. (Yes. Anne Marie is amazing. I know. I get to LIVE with her!) I have had several people ask how I'm doing/if I'm sad about not being with my family for Thanksgiving...but there is so much grace. (Thank you for praying. And thank you for asking.) Because the rest of the country doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving, it doesn't actually feel like a holiday ::gasp:: I know; you're horrified.

Neither the "leaving" nor the "going" has really hit me yet. Less than 4 weeks until I'm in the States. 47ish days until I'm in Orlando. I want to squeeze every second out of what I have left here! I covet your prayers for wisdom of how to spend my time. Different events, invitations, offers, etc.

Goodness, I am so stinkin' spoiled.

Much love to you all- and Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy your families and, of course, the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade.

1 comment:

Ashley Walter said...

I am so excited that you are coming HOME! And you know what? :) We just bought a house and it's so so so close to Chris and Emily's! yay! :)