Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Faithful

"I have chosen the way of faithfulness; I set your rules before me." Psalm 119:30

Recently I've been bathing in the glorious wonder of God's faithfulness. Amazed that time and time and time again- He meets me. He is jealous for all of my heart. He ordains that things would be taken away so that it might be just "me and Him" once more without my eyes distracted by other things- lusting after what I think I want. As I reflect back on His past faithfulness, my heart fills with HOPE and JOY- knowing that my God is unchanging. Therefore, His past faithfulness, is prophetic of future faithfulness.

In this, my desire has increased to reflect this wondrous faithfulness of God. I want to be faithful in the things He's called me to. Even if I don't understand why. Even if it doesn't make sense. I want to embrace what He's given me with joy. Not with clenched teeth and a fake smile-- but with inner peace. A heart quieted by His love. Whispering to Him, "I trust you." Oh Father, help me.

For God alone may my heart wait in silence. He is my salvation. My rock. My fortress. I shall not be greatly shaken. (paraphrased Ps. 62)

No comments: