Saturday, July 4, 2009

Day in Hamburg!

(I'm on a German computer and the keyboard is different...sorry if there's typos!)

We arrived at Arche Church safely! Peter, Jack Slocombe, and Matt Lloyd and I played cards practially all day on the bus yesterday- I went nil in Spades for the first time and that was definitely a memory.

Today we were meant to go to the beach 2 hours away...but the weather forecast called for storms. So instead, we swapped todays itinerary with our day in Hamburg next week. We had our very own German tour guides- our new friends!

I can't wait to show you pictures of what we saw, but mostly of the sweet faces that have already become dear to me in just one day! The language barrier hasn't been too difficult with most conversations, but there are a few that end with nodds and smiles.

We have a youth meeting tonight, and church early in the morning. Time already feels like its flying so fast! I still can't believe I'm in Germany.

Love to all!

No comments: