Tuesday, July 22, 2008

24 days and running

Wow. I can't believe it. Only 24 days left in Orlando for the next year. That's so sad...

So, let's not think about it. Instead, let's think-- only 24 days left of me being like I am now! Once my Waling adventure begins, I'm sure to be changed for life!

Immense grace continues to cover every day as I prepare- grace when I sin, grace in struggles, grace in fears, and grace for HOPE in future grace. It's amazing! The LORD, in His kindness, continues to use even this "transition" season to grow my awareness of my DESPERATION for Him. My recognition of my dependence upon Him. I simply cannot do this without His help. He's tangibly showing me how true this is.

I went for a run today. Shocked? Ya, so was I. (After CRUSHING Emily, Lindsay, and Jordan at Ultimate Frisbee on Saturday with Elizabeth and David, I began to realize how incredibly out of shape I truly am. It took me probably an hour to recover and breathe normally. LAME-O.)

On my run today (in the frizz-creating weather), I listened to Hillsong United. I highly recommend them as audio for your next work out session. Especially the song, "My Redeemer Lives"...I was so pumped and fired up, I think I ran faster every time the chorus came on. He lives!

The next song was "All I need is You." Oh wow. How wonderful to repeat over and over and over again. Looking at the pavement, seeing the winding path ahead of me, working hard, out of breath, yet feeling SO EMPOWERED to continue on...because all I need is HIM! He has given me ALL I need for life and godliness. HE is all I need. My Portion. My Cup. My Everything. I'd love to take you all with me- my friends, my family, my pastors, my local church...and there are ways that I desperately need you. Your examples, your encouragement, your observations and correction...

But my Savior has fulfilled my greatest need by paying my debt for my sin so I can have relationship with the Father! And in this adventure to Wales, HE is all I need. His constancy. His steadfast love. His promises. His mercy NEW every morning! (right, Jules?)

So as I leave you in 24 days to go to Virginia, my faith is fixed on future grace. My King will take care of me. He has gone before me. And He will go with me. His truth never changes, and His Word is perfect. The most important things will always be the same. How comforting.

So as you go about your day and are humbled by the numerous things that you need (food, sleep, relationships, etc.) be ENCOURAGED that these merely point you to Jesus Christ; He is all you need. He's more than enough for you. And His grace, is more than enough for today.

4 comments:

Kat Toms said...

you better not get too in shape for me. i bet i can beat you on the LAMEO status.

sbux has completely drained it out of me in recent weeks.... no time to improve my running.

can't wait to plan morning runs with you this next year. :)

Anonymous said...

I must defend our honor... We were not crushed (4-3) and I think Lindsay out hustled all of us. We should have won just because of her dive...

Vanessa said...

im shocked! but happy! i love you!

Anonymous said...

Ya Jage! Crushed?!?! Please...