Tuesday, July 29, 2008

More faces...

I stand corrected. Kind of. There has been complaint that I did not blog about the Jones family when yes, I did, in fact, practically live with them for about 6 months while working at Disney in '05.

Goodness, I can't decide which to recount- all I learned from them then, or all I've learned from them SINCE then.

Let's just say, when I'm asked to tell my testimony, it cannot be told without the mention of this family. I believe I had a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ as my LORD and Savior when I was young, but a lot of the LIFE CHANGE didn't happen until the LORD worked in my heart while at Metro Life Church from January to August of 2005. And Danny, Melodye, Lindsay, and Abbott were incredibly huge instruments in this life change. And being with them practically every day for 6 months- watching their interactions, praying with them, hearing their observations, and being blessed by their fellowship directly resulted in perspective adjustment in my eyes.

For the next year of living in Virginia, Danny regularly received emails from me asking incredibly bizarre questions about his beliefs, Scripture, and Sovereign Grace Ministries. He kindly replied to ALL of them even though his inbox undoubtedly had at least 800 OTHER emails waiting for him.

Melodye has made me feel like I just fit right in with their family and all that's going on. She's made extra for dinner MANY times asking if I'd stay (and by "extra" I mean a lot more than they would've had if I wasn't there...), she's offered godly counsel on...oh, pretty much every topic imaginable. Never afraid to tell it like it is, covered with love and grace. What a blessing.

Abbott is my adopted little brother. He picks on me, makes fun of me, and even gangs up on Lindsay with me. I'm convinced he's going to do something HUGE with music in the years to come. He's not only constantly TALKING about music, but he's always recording for other people, or has a new song up his sleeve. I have tons of memories sitting on Lindsay's bed listening to them play and goof off. Abs, your improvement with the violin has increased TREMENDOUSLY since I first met you!!!

Oh, Lindsay, where do I begin? I so value our friendship. It's such a gift. Incredibly unique. Wonderfully sanctifying. Exceptionally deep. Through you, the LORD has taught me so much about accountability, communication, relationships, forgiveness, love defined Biblically, expectations, and the immenseness of my sin. Look at that list (*shocker*- I have a list!): all eternally beautiful things- what a treasure! I think what I value MOST about our friendship is: honesty. No matter what season of life we're in, or what we're struggling with, circumstances that are going on, or sin patterns we're dealing with, the fact that we can be HONEST about where we are has served me in amazing ways over the years. I'm literally out of words. I know, you can't believe it- but I keep sitting here with long pauses thinking- there's so much to write I don't even know where to begin! Windex, Code Blue, porcupine, balloon animals (ok, that's Julie's joke...), Cirque du Solie, Bloomin' Onions, care packages and cards, hours on the phone, and oh, our many many many walks. Wonder how many calories we've burned together. Recently making the loop 3 times every time we go because the conversation lasts longer than the walk! I am so grateful for the role you play in my life. Thank you for your love for me, your investment in me, and for your readiness to forgive. I'm learning a lot from you. I love you more than you know!




 
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Kat Toms said...

can't wait to have you and lindsay stay with us on the 15th....

....what are you thoughts exactly on that day?? are you thinking you'll arrive late afternoon, spend the night, and then head out early on the 16th?? or will ya just be needing a pit-stop for a few hours??

either way it's good by me. of course if you are taking the time to go out of your way... i'd love for you to spend the night...

Unknown said...

Aw I LOVE the Jones too!! :-)

Anonymous said...

the joneses are some of the most amazing people i know!