Sunday, July 6, 2008

*JOY*

"The Kingdom of heaven is like a treasure hidden in a field, which a man found and covered up. Then in his joy he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field." Matthew 13:45

Jesus Christ is the true Treasure; He is the ABUNDANCE of all that that is rich and useful. If we desire, He can be our own.

The GOSPEL is the field. It is not hidden, but in an open field. Whatever royal mines we find, they are all our own.

This treasure has unspeakable value. The richest mines are often in grounds that appear most barren. Eternal life is our treasure and it is infinitely valuable.

Above is paraphrased from Matthew Henry's commentary.

All I can hear in my head is, "I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy; Down in my heart. Where? Down in my heart. Where? Down in my heart to stay! And I'm so happy, so very happy! I've got the love of Jesus in my heart!"

I've been asked to post about what I need prayer for. Here it is: Please PRAY FOR JOY. Joy in WHO the Treasure is, not dwelling on what this trip costs me. HE is my Treasure. My Savior. My Love. I need my focus off of myself. Onto my Creator.

I've got the Wonderful Love of my Blessed Redeemer Way down in the depths of my heart! Where?

No comments: