Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Support

You may have noticed my new little "donations" button to the right. There is a reason for it.

I never officially reached the goal of raising money that I needed for this year before leaving the States...but I had enough to help me see this was God's will for the next year of my life.

I have been so humbled by the way people have responded to my initial request for support. Each time I think about the generous hearts that have sacrificed I am amazed, challenged, and my faith is built. The way you have denied yourself to see the Gospel go forth in other nations has impacted me so much. It's literally changing my life. I can't thank you enough.

All my money goes directly into "needs." I'm not just gallivanting around and spending money on new clothes (though a few warm things have been purchased) or treating people out to Starbucks or what have you. I'm buying groceries (lots of pasta and canned veggies) and paying for transportation. That's it. That's all I need right now.

I'm meeting with the Administrator of Christchurch and his wife on Saturday night to go through my budget and look at specific figures and see how I can best use what I have.

I realize that from a worldly perspective, this blog post is entirely untimely and not even worth being written. Due to the credit crunch, and the Holidays around the corner and the fact that so many of you have already given me so much...

...But I trust God as my Provider. And I believe that if He wants me to stay here for the rest of the GAP year, He'll provide for me financially. Whether that's laying it on your heart to pray about it, or by some other means which He deems best...if I'm to be here, the money will come.

And yet, in that, I also want to be faithful to ask. And to make you aware of my need. Yes, there are needs greater than mine...and you don't have to look far to see that. But for this season, and in this time, and for this mission that I have the honor of participating in, I'm in financial need right now.

Would you please prayerfully consider supporting me?

No comments: