Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Psalm 40

"I waited patiently for the LORD he inclined to me and heard my cry. He drew me up from the pit of destruction, out of the miry bog, and set my feet upon a rock making my steps secure."

I waited. He inclined. (Ps. 37- HE will act.) He heard. He drew me up. He set my feet. He made my steps secure. It is He who initiates-- these are all doing words. He is doing...as I wait.

I waited patiently. Trusting. Steadfast. Immovable. Knowing His timing is perfect. This is all I do. He does everything else in these verses.

Not only did He rescue me from the pit, but He SET my feet on a ROCK...and still, then He doesn't leave. He MAKES my steps secure. This is justification and sanctification. I wait, and I trust. He acts.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Janelley-Banelley'

You are getting it my darling, you are getting it. Great post. He does and did and do, you just be. That's the gospel of grace.

Love ya,
Daddy

Anonymous said...

So encouraging, Janelle, thanks!

Sharon

Anonymous said...

Thank you my sweet friend. I can’t tell you how much I miss you. Well, I guess I could but I would have to start my own blog!
I love you!
Ariel