Friday, August 1, 2008

Home Sweet Home


View Larger Map

This is about to be (LORD willing) the 7th place I've lived in the last 4 years. I am so excited. It looks like across the street there is a loop- perfect for walks! (Wanna join me, Linds?) I hope to run as well, so when I get back, I can beat Em, Jordan, and Linds in Ultimate Frisbee again without getting out of breath. I'm so excited about meeting our neighbors and the possible interactions and relationships that will be built there. This is all such an adventure!



...packing has begun. It's weird to pack for a "year trip"...very different than moving somewhere, very different than a 10 day trip. Especially having never been there, I wonder, "Can I go a whole year without needing this?" As Americans, we have SO MUCH.

Now, really, what will I NEED that I couldn't live without? Nothing. Except a Bible and Journal. And a toothbrush and deodorant would be appreciated.

Other Walers, (or anybody!) what was helpful to bring when you guys went last summer??? (besides outlet converters...)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you!
I wish I was going too.

I sadly cannot think of any good advice to offer you here.

I love you, jage!

Anonymous said...

you also need toothpaste, a pair of sneakers and a pen...to write in your journal... ;)

Unknown said...

You obviously will need some sort of amazing phone plan to call me:-)

Vanessa said...

you also will definitely need lots of stamps so that you can send me mail telling me how much you miss me...which obviously I will also do.
its funny...how i send more things now with out the country stamps...than i do with regular old 42 cent'rs. hmm *ponders that.

LOVE YOU!

Anonymous said...

Look JJ! It’s really me reading your blog! You are doing such a good job with it!
I can't wait to see how the Lord uses you there!
Love ya!

Ariel

Steph said...

Hmmm, let me think. It's not like you're living in a 3rd world country for a year (they do have ketchup!) so pretty much anything you 'need' here you're gonna need over there. But if you don't bring it from here, you can most likely get it over there. =)
Of course you want to be careful with your money, since the exchange rate is so high. So I would say, any BIG-ticket items that you would need here in the states, go ahead and bring FROM the states. Cuz over there it will cost almost twice as much! Anyway, that's what I have to say about that. =)