Friday, September 11, 2009

LIFE was incredible tonight!!! One of the guys, Alan, lead worship (did a great job) and Lewis preached from Eph. 2:1-10 about being dead in our sin and made alive together with God. It was excellent.

Something Lewis said tonight, I'd never ever thought about before. He was talking about God's anger. How God is calm, measured, and controlled in His anger-- what we are not. I sat in disbelief. Controlled anger?! Isn't that an oxymoron?! But then I began to consider...the character of God does not change...so, the fruit of the Spirit will be evident in all aspects of His nature at all times. Love. Joy. Peace. Patience. Kindness. Goodness. Faithfulness. Gentleness. Self-Control. Each and every one of those is present in the righteous anger of God. WOW! That's something to study...


My amazing, sweet, LIFE girls came a half hour early to make pizza for everyone. They are gems!!! This is Rachel and Alex. (We talked in our discussion time about "justification" and "sanctification." [It's not even what the message was on- but the girls could describe both very well!] We then started putting "ification" at the end of other words, and our names...In Wales, they call red hair "ginger." So, Rachel asked about "Gingification." We now have officially made it a word.)


Carys and Caroline.

Eleri and Alex.

Ru and I. (yes, she spells her nick name "Roo"...but I started with "Ru" and I can't get it out of my head.)

No comments: