Saturday, August 16, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOMMY!!!

 
Posted by Picasa

Isn't she beautiful?!

Today, we celebrate the 29th anniversary of my mother's 21st birthday!!!

Please comment and tell how YOU love my mom and what tremendous fruit you see. Let us take this time to show honor to those who deserve honor--and that, is my mommy.

Mom,

There are a lot of things that I so highly respect you for, that you probably don't even know that anyone sees. Your submission to Daddy- your faithfulness to him and our family in tough seasons...continuing to honor him even when you don't understand what God is doing or how He's leading you through daddy; your self control: how you hold your tongue and don't slander or make faces even in your confusion, but prize your role as his wife in the midst of difficulty. Your CONSTANT intercession for each member of our family challenges me...you are so faithful to pray for our souls. What a comfort it is to know that in addition to my Almighty Savior pleading incessantly on my behalf, I also have my mother daily praying for my growth in the LORD. For protection and for blessing.

Mom, you have clung to the cross of our Savior in hard times; I've seen it. Even when no one was supposed to be able to tell you were struggling- you die to yourself so well. You're impossible to out-serve. What an example of Christ- as He delights to serve us, His beloved children, so do you, mom, find joy in washing other's feet. You rejoice in other's joy, you share in sorrow, you show great compassion and express tremendous encouragement each time you talk to someone. Most of the time those blanket statements are an exaggeration...but with you, its not. It's true. You are without question by far the MOST encouraging person I've ever seen, known, or heard of. I am gleaning from your example...attempting to imitate you as you imitate Christ.

It is an honor to have you as my mom; I am amazed by what a gift our friendship is-- how sad that I missed out on this in high school because my ego was so big - no one could barely fit in the house. =)

Thank you for forgiving me- my rebellious heart and harsh tongue...you never hold it over my head, yet encourage me at how you saw the LORD working in me even in those ugly and hard days. What tremendous faith, Mom. How amazing to see the LORD's abundant grace clinging on to you...enduring with you, helping you. I know these are not things you can do on your own...but it is by His grace, through your faith that we see His work in your life-- and how glorious it is!!!

Your pursuit in how you SEEK is amazing. You seek our God, you seek counsel, you seek wisdom. You are pro-active and intentional, one of the most humble people I've ever met, desiring to change, ready to change, eager to embrace a new and better way, even if it means more of dying to self.

Mom, you have been steadfast. You have not wavered. Your faith in our God has not gotten tossed to and fro. You have sought answers to your questions, knowing His promises to be true, and you've positioned yourself under His rule in beautiful submission knowing that His will is best for you. I know it has not been easy, I know it has been a struggle, but you have done it nonetheless. I don't hear you speak of how God isn't good, or what He isn't doing, rather when faced with the temptation to believe those things, you combat with "I don't know what He's doing" and then you flee to read Trusting God or Surrender to get your thought processing back on track. What an example.

You open your mouth with wisdom; and the teaching of kindness is on your tongue. You look well to the ways of your household and you do not eat the bread of idleness. Many women have done excellently, but you surpass them all. Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised. Mom, your works praise you. You are such a blessing to others.

I love you- I want to be like you when I grow up!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awwww YAY! Happy Birthday Mrs. Leach! You are AMAZING. The way JJ brags about you, you'd think you were a saint or an angel or something:-)

PS. JJ, I feel left out on your blogroll...:-(

Vanessa said...

ok mama leach,
i just want to say that you have been the best second mother to me that i could ever have expected. I love you dearly and i am tremendously sad that i couldnt see you today. but hopefully i will be able to see you this weekend. anyways. thank you so much for all that you have been to me and for me. you truly are a serious blessing in my life. you have been so encouraging to me always checking up on me and making me feel loved and welcomed and you truly are my second mama and i love you more than you know. i cant wait to see you and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
love vanessa